THE NEW ENGLAND
February 2, 2013
All over and thank you all for a super festival!
See you next year.
(Check below for race results)
FREE ADMISSION- When you get to the mountain go to the Abram ticket booth and buy the regular one day lift ticket. Then come on over to the festival tent and register for the fest, sign up for clinics and buy some raffle tickets. Then, if you want to try demos, head over to the gear trailer and get some gear. You will need a drivers licence or some other form of identification that we can hold onto while you use the gear.
Demos- Many of the telemark companies will be represented and you will have a chance to demo the newest gear for free! If you need gear for the day Abram does rent Telemark skis and boots.
• Sponsors -At the heart of every great organization there must be a dedicated group of people. Along with our instructors and volunteers are our sponsors. Where would we be without them? They help us out financially but more than that, many of them are right there at the festivals with us, giving the public a chance to try out all the newest and best telemark gear. All our thanks to Black Diamond and TwentyTwo Design for their support. And of course, our beer sponsor, Gritty's.
Lessons - NET is a PSIA (Professional Ski Instructors of America) member ski school (the only PSIA telemark school in the country) and most of our instructors are members of PSIA. All are highly trained and motivated. We want our clinics to be fun most of all but to hopefully give you a chance to improve your skiing in an enjoyable, free spirited atmosphere. All clinics are 1 hour long and are free. There is no special festival ticket, a regular Abram lift ticket gives you access to the fest... just sign in at the registration table. Clinic times for this festival will be at 10:30 and again at 1:30.
Special clinics will include;
Crossover clinics for alpine skiers coming to Telemark.
• Beginner, beginner/intermediate, intermediate, intermediate/advanced, advanced
Women's Clinics. Women teaching women. Some of NET's top women instructors will be leading clinics both days.
Masters Clinics. Taught by our educational staff, this is the clinic for the master skier.
• We are planning on having a telemark gate race. It will be from 1-3.
• Private lessons. We have had requests for private lessons at the festivals and will make them available at any time during the day (depending on instructor availability). The cost is $50 and hour or $140 for a half day..
•The Telemark Gate Race. 1-3PM
Here are the results of the race.
There were 24 racers in the race. Top prizes were the new Vice bindings from 22 Design. Other prizes included gift certificates from Allspeed, gear from BD, gear fromBluebirdday and more.
1.Eric Hall (Top Mens)
2. Matt McGrath
3. Evan Yesmentes
4. Ray Walters
5. Monica Samolis (Top Womens)
6. Keegan Krantz
7. Oren Kahn
8. Zeke Callahan
9. Alex Turnwall
10. Jeff Cox
11. Chris Maccia
12. Sol Marina
13. Steve Swan
14. Jill Heath
15. Kevin Massey
16. Mark Theeman
17. Chris Duff
18. Nick D'Amore
19. Pete Edwards
20. Peter Lindholm
21. Donna Stearns
22. Matt DNF
23. Tina DNF
24. Kris DNF
• Join Jeff Eckhouse in a pre-clinic warmup to dynamically prepare your body for telemark skiing. You'll learn the best movements to activate your glutes, quads, hamstrings, and torso as well as stretches to make you feel loose and ready for action. Get your fitness questions answered after each Pre-Clinic Warm-up session. Warm ups start one half hour before clinics.
Party - TheWhitegrass Bluegrass Festival takes place all day in the lodge.
Tickets - There is no special festival ticket needed... just a regular Mt. Abram lift ticket. When you register for the fest you will get a free beer ticket courtesy of Gritty's !
The Maine Telemark Festival is brought to you by all of our sponsors, Mt Abram
New England Telemark.
New England Telemark 613 River Road Brunswick, ME (207)725-7734
New England Telemark 251 Allard Farm Cir North Conway, NH (603) 356-8177